Thursday, September 09, 2010

Every silver lining has a cloud

I should have known better of course. I should have taken into account the words of that great poet and typing error, Mike Spilligan when he said:
Every silver lining has a cloud.
Oh make no mistake, I've got my silver lining all right - it's the cloud that comes with it that I should have kept my eye on. And that cloud is the bloody CCRC again - that merry band of brothers and sisters who have been recruited by the Freemasons on behalf of the Establishment to protect the police, no matter what they do.

The simple fact is that the CCRC will not, under any circumstances, either do or say anything that is even remotely critical of the upstanding, criminal class we laughingly call the police. I have shown the CCRC how police planted evidence but of course they quite simply refuse to accept it. Well, ignoring the facts will not
make them go away, and sooner or later the facts WILL come out and the CCRC will merely have more egg on their collective face. They are supposed to be independent and impartial, not a rubber stamp for any and every crime committed by corrupt cops. The facts WILL come out in the end.

Their latest nasty little plan is to give me very little time to put together and present my submissions. Consequently I have been compelled to simply parcel up over two hundred pages of paperwork and send them to my solicitor. I have asked her to do the rest of the work herself on the grounds that it's about time they did SOMETHING instead of simply letting me do the work while they garner the credit for it. Anyway, she has got until Friday 1st October to submit her efforts to the CCRC, and I hope that there ARE a few
efforts.

That's the cloud. The silver lining comes from Blodwyn and The Wallace. Blodwyn came to speak to me the other day and informed me of several things, such as that she is coming for a longer chat at some point in the next few days - but there is no bad news involved. Apparently she has been chatting to the Wallace and between them they have decided that the best thing for me is a move to Kingston prison, which is in Portsmouth. I agree. Kingston is a Cat B jail with definite prospects of a fairly swift move to the Cat C section
of the prison. It's only a small step from there to a D.

However, I'm still unhappy about this CCRC thing, nitwits that they are. Their hopes that I will simply give up (now that I can see a glimmer of light at the end of the very dark tunnel I have been living in for almost twenty-five years) is a false hope. Two quotes spring to mind, and they would do well to remember them, not just in my case but in the others they deal with too.

William Lloyd Garrison said:

I am in earnest - I will not equivocate -I will not excuse - I will not retreat a single inch ­ and I will be heard!
William Jennings Bryan said:
The humblest citizen of all the land, when clad in the armour of a righteous cause, is stronger than all the Hosts of Error.
Finally, a word about Boudica - otherwise she will think that I have forgotten her, and her pigeons. Apparently she is still at loggerheads, pistols at dawn, with the Troll. I've told her, "Just tell her to bugger off and ignore her. the woman needs counselling!"

It was Boudica's Ma's birthday last week - 90 years old. I think that's marvellous. She must have been born in 1920 and the other night I was thinking about the changes she has witnessed over the years, wars she has lived through, things she has seen.

I hope I live that long. I'd like to live forever, but I've got half a suspicion that it won't happen. In fact it is about as likely as the CCRC making a critical remark about Officer Plod.

The Voice In The Wilderness

No comments: