Sunday, May 19, 2013

The waiting game - again

Well once again I am waiting. This time it is the last wait because I am waiting for them to tell me that I can go home at last and live independently, just seeing the probation once a week up in Sunderland. I am going to live with my brother and his family because they want me to. Well, there are several who want me to do that but I think Robert is the best bet. There are two seafront flats I could take over if I so decided and a couple of bungalows - well, one bungalow and one cottage. Incidentally, what's the difference?

The Sunderland probation are going to visit our Robert on Tuesday afternoon. The fact that officer plod has already been to check the place seems to bear no weight, the probation has to do it too. Don't ask me why.

So, the prob will call on Tuesday and then phone down here to their partners in crime and tell them I can go, or words to that effect. Once that happens I expect I will be told to phone for a car to come and get me, no problem. It will take them three hours to get here and three hours back, that will be that, this place gone out of my ken forever. Can't come soon enough for me. The next Voice I write will be written in the colder climate of the distant North East, where men are men and sheep are nervous.

Oh well, just the final steps to take, that's all - so watch this space. Until then I shall continue to do what I've been doing for over twenty-seven years - waiting.

The Voice In The Wilderness

No comments: