Monday, May 06, 2013

This internet thing...

Last night I was playing with my computer.

See the casual way I just throw that one in? Well, until a couple of weeks ago, this internet thing was a complete mystery to me. It's not much better now, but at least I can manage a couple of things and THAT'S progress.

Where was I? Oh yes.

So I was playing with the computer and somehow I got this thing, page, about people on their own on a Saturday night - so I had a look at it. It's full of, shall we call them, mature folk? Right - full of them - and I was on there for ages checking out the talent. Maybe it is just me, but a lot of those older ladies have got a lot to offer the world.

However, this got me to thinking about the concept of loneliness and, while my own company is generally preferable to that of others, even a rock needs a river bed to rest in from time to time. No man is an island, no matter what Simon and Garfunkle said. So, I am going to...shall we say, expand my social life? That's the polite way to say it, but what it really means is that I am thinking about putting it about a bit.

Ha! I know what my friend Blondie will say when she reads this, she will be straight on the emails giving me sniggers and stuff. Some people take the mick a bit... not me, of course, I wouldn't dream of it - I'm training to be a saint. The next vacancy that comes up at the Vatican I am applying for the job. I would have applied this time but I was bust trying to work out how to use this computer.

The Voice In The Wilderness

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You dirty ol' perv ;-) that's all you wanted the computer for really! Blondie x