Saturday, November 09, 2013

The Black Hole of Manchester


Everybody needs a little time away, I heard her say, from each other. That's probably true too.
This morning my little Blonde went off to Manchester with her friend from work, another nurse. Apparently they go down there from time to time for some sort of convention or other to do with being members of the caring profession, and a great job they do too, for insufficient pay in my opinion. Still, nobody is asking my opinion so forget I mentioned it.
Where was I?
Oh yes, they went to Manchester.
The plan was to stay at a hotel overnight and travel back tomorrow.
Round about tea time she phoned and told me that the hotel was a shit-hole, damp, only one shower between four rooms, black mould in the shower so she was coming back tonight. I shall have to listen to the story of the black hole of Manchester tomorrow I expect. I feel quite sorry for her really, all that way on a coach, not a small sum of dosh expended on a hotel room that turned out to be unfit for rabid dogs and a four hour journey back again. I hope she gets her money back okay.
Still, it will give her something to tell everyone at work all about, and as for me, well, everybody needs a little time away.

No comments: