Friday, November 08, 2013

Idle moments.

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day, you fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way. It's a strange thing but when we are waiting for something and looking forward to it, we seem to spend a lot of time doing very little. That's the position I find myself in at the minute, waiting for something.
Actually, I am waiting for several things, some more important than others but probably only to me. Nobody else knows I am waiting really, well, not what I am waiting for.
I suppose it's a bit like Becket's play, "Waiting for Godot," and as we all know, Godot never actually arrives. However, that isn't the case in this instance because I know that Godot will arrive, at least my Godot will.
There is someone I haven't seen for a long time and the only memories I carry of that person are good ones. I wasn't particularly good to them, I admit it, but I am older now, wiser and appreciate the finer things in life more. Well, not so much finer but better. I was going to say simple but that wouldn't earn me any brownie points so I ain't saying that!
Oh yes, I am looking forward to it, just passing away my time as best I can. Tomorrow I better clean my car if the weather is fine, between dogs and horsey people with muddy boots, my car is a disgrace both inside and out. So that will have to be cleaned.
When that is done, I shall continue to idle away my time, ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.

No comments: